Do You Know the 15 Most Common Vehicle Defects of 2017?
In a recent study conducted by The Safety Institute, the top 15 most common vehicle defects were revealed. Vehicle defects can be extremely hazardous and often cause crashes that may result in injury or even death. This helpful study reveals some of the most dangerous makes and models of modern cars, including what aspects of driving the defect can affect. In order to protect yourself and your family from potential injuries, make sure you are aware of the most common automotive issues.
The 2017 vehicle watch list as reported by The Safety Institute reads as follows:
- 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4×4 – Power Train
- 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4×4 – Power Train
- 2016 Ford Explorer – Fuel System
- 2007 Chevrolet Impala – Electrical
- 2016 Toyota Tundra – Structure
- 2015 Ford Explorer – Fuel System
- 2012 Chrysler 300 – Power Train
- 2014 Mazda Mazda6 – Structure
- 2015 Mazda Mazda6 Structure
- 2013 Chrysler 300 – Power Train
- 2008 Chevrolet Impala – Electrical
- 2016 Ford F-150 – Visibility
- 2013 Nissan Altima – Latch
- 2012 GMC Acadia – Structure
- 2007 Mercedes Benz GL – Fire related
Each of the issues listed in this study can put drivers and passengers in very dangerous situations. A visibility malfunction could prevent the driver from avoiding dangerous obstacles, powertrain issues could lead to deadly collisions, and fuel system problems could cause fires or even explosions.
If you own any of the vehicles listed on this watch list, make sure you take immediate action. Vehicle manufacturers have a responsibility to design, build, and adequately test their vehicles for any potential hazards. The manufacturers should be held responsible for any injuries or damage caused by defective vehicles or parts. Additionally, anyone injured because of a vehicle malfunction could be eligible for compensation. Compensation may include reimbursement for medical expenses, loss of wages, as well as pain and suffering.
For more information about these defects, visit thesafetyinstitute.org.
If you were involved in a car accident because of a vehicle defect, we want to help. Contact Goeing Goeing & McQuinn, PLLC to discuss your situation with our Lexington car accident lawyers.