Lexington Dangerous Drug Lawyer
Fighting for Those Injured by Defective Pharmaceuticals
Drug companies have a responsibility to adequately research and test all pharmaceuticals to ensure that they are safe for use before they are marketed to the public. Even with FDA oversight, the unfortunate truth is that many drugs are released for sale without a full understanding of the damage that they can potentially cause. The result is that tens of thousands of people suffer injury or death from adverse side effects that patients weren’t warned about.
Lawsuits are currently pending over these and other dangerous drugs:
- Benicar, a drug used to treat high blood pressure and which has been linked to a serious gastroenterological illness called sprue-like enteropathy
- Xarelto, a blood thinner that may cause uncontrolled bleeding for which there is no antidote
- Levaquin, an antibiotic which may cause permanent nerve damage, tendon ruptures, or aortic aneurisms
- Januvia, a drug used to treat diabetes which can increase a patient’s risk of developing pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer
- Zofran, a drug commonly prescribed for the off-label purpose of treating nausea and which can cause serious birth defects
- Lipitor, a cholesterol-lowering drug which can cause type 2 diabetes
- Accutane, a cystic acne drug which can cause inflammatory bowel disease, depression, birth defects, and suicide
- Invokana, a type 2 diabetes drug that can increase the risk of diabetic ketoacidosis
- Yazmin/Yaz, birth control drugs linked with stroke, heart attack, deep vein thrombosis, gallbladder disease, pulmonary embolism, and sudden death
If you or a loved one has suffered harm after taking a drug you were led to believe was safe, immediately contact a Lexington personal injury attorney at Goeing, Goeing & McQuinn PLLC. With more than 40 years of experience protecting the rights of the injured, we have the experience and resources to pursue maximum compensation for the losses you have suffered.
Assisting the Injured Throughout Kentucky
You should not have to suffer because a drug that was supposed to make you better actually ended up making your condition worse. When you team up with a Lexington dangerous drug attorney at our firm, we can put together a legal strategy aimed at helping you get the compensation you need to pay your medical bills, reimburse you for your pain and suffering, and help you get your life back to normal.
Tell us about your case. Call (859) 534-9327 today to learn more about your rights.